A Brie and Dark Cherry Hor D’oeuvres
A Brie and Dark Cherry Hor D’oeuvres can be an easy addition for your next party if you are planning to serve Hor D’oeuvres. The flavors of warm, melted Brie and sweet dark cherries are enhanced with a slight hint of maple syrup. For a more complex and savory flavor combination, add a tiny fresh thyme leaf to each cup prior to baking.
Now this recipe is using sweet dark cherries but go wild, it’s you kitchen and your party. Think cranberry or bits of brandied peaches. You don’t want to over power the flavor of the Brie but you could offer an assortment of Brie phyllo cups. Plan ahead and they can all be created at the same time, reducing the time you spend in the kitchen…
- 8 oz. Chilled Brie, rind removed and cut into 30 small cubes
- 6 oz. frozen dark cherries, thawed and cut into small pieces, reserve juice
- 3 T. real maple syrup
- 30 frozen phyllo cups
- 30 tiny thyme leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place phyllo cups on sheet and add one piece of Brie to each cup.
- Top off each cup with an equal amount of chopped cherries and reserved juice.
- Drizzle a little maple syrup over each cup and place in preheated oven for 7 – 9 minutes, or until Brie is melted.
- While baking, make sure the phyllo cups do not burn.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
It is a good idea to chill the Brie a little before slicing. It becomes much easier to handle.
It is always a good idea to serve a little finger food when people are enjoying cocktails before dinner. With two topping on the Brie phyllo cups and only two other items you have a great presentation with limited time in the kitchen. There’s a win/win for you
Want the recipe for a nice Holiday Cocktail to serve with these, here is one for you; Moscow Mule
Enjoy your holidays and try not to stray far from your Plant-based Whole Foods. We don’t want anyone looking back an January 2nd with regrets for what they ate and any weight they gained over the holidays.
We welcome your comments in the space below this article and will reply to each one.If you have not signed up for your copy of “Clean Eating – How and Why to cut out Processed Foods” please do so at the top right this article. I would love to have you join our family of Whole Food Emthusiasts..
Eat Healthily, Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends