Bacon and Cauliflower scrambled eggs is a nice, fast breakfast and another way to enjoy the many benefits of cauliflower. You can cook the cauliflower fresh or if you happen to have a little left over from yesterday it works here just as well. For my wife and I a head of cauliflower will last for a couple of meals depending on the way we use it. And as we know it is very keto friendly so we have it in place of mashed potatoes often. I also make fiery hot bits as snacks once in a while.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 359
- Fat: 26.7g
- Carbohydrates: 7.9g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 22g
- 4 oz. cooked cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 4 slices raw bacon, chopped into pieces
- 3 oz. onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 lg. farm fresh eggs
- Himalayan Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Brown the bacon and onion in butter in a small frying pan.
- Stir in cauliflower pieces and cook all together, stirring frequently, until everything is fully mixed together. Stir in the eggs and scramble, cooking until they are the way you enjoy your eggs.
- Season to taste with Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper.
This is a good way to get the family to help eat any leftover cauliflower you might have on hand.
Of course we want eggs from free range chickens that have lived on a real farm. The best way to get these eggs is to find a local farmer that sells eggs.
When we add bacon to a recipe it is raw unprocessed bacon but if you do not happen to have any bacon on hand, you can make this with sausage, ham or just leave the meat out completely. Changes will effect the numbers so if you are following a keto lifestyle be sure to take that into account.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group where we can exchange ideas and answer questions about the keto and paleo foods and recipes. Just click HERE to join our family of Whole Food Low-Carb keto/paleo Enthusiasts on Facebook..
Today’s Parting Though: Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education……Mark Twain
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love