Chilled Mixed Berry Salad is a great choice on the hot days of summer. Here at our place in Puerto Vallarta, the temperatures are running between 88 and 92 degrees each afternoon. With this heat, nobody wants to stand around a hot stove so there are a lot of chilled salads served at the Chefs Kitchen Table. Another benefit of this salad is that we can pack it into our cooler and take it to the beach in the late afternoon and enjoy it while watching a beautiful sunset while the waves slide onto the beach.
Your recipe for a Chilled Mixed Berry Salad will include a Raspberry Vinaigrette which is a perfect combination. So grab some fresh berries and let’s make a light lunch.
- ¼ c. rice wine vinegar
- ⅓ c. fresh
- 2 t. fresh lime juice
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed, stem
- ⅓ c. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 c. fresh
strawberries,washed, hulled, and sliced
- 1 c. fresh
- ⅓ c. sliced almonds, toasted
Note:Chill salad plates prior to preparing this recipe.
- Add vinegar, raspberries, lime juice, and olive oil to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt and taste. Adjust other flavors to achieve the desired balance. Set aside.
- Add lettuce, mint, strawberries, blackberries, and toasted almonds to a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette just before serving and serve immediately on chilled salad plates for a refreshing appetizer or lite lunch
*Nutritional information is from HappyForks.com. It is provided for entertainment purposes only as different sources might very slightly in their information.
A whole foods lifestyle is so beneficial for our health that we really must make every effort to adapt to it as soon as possible and get away from the processed foods whenever we can. In the summer months, we will share great salads with you here at Your Whole Foods Chef. In the cooler months following summer, we will shift the focus to great soups. Of course, we will also share entrees and desserts as well. We hope you will try the recipes and share with family and friends.
We welcome your comments in the space below this article and will reply to each one.If you have not signed up for your copy of “Clean Eating – How and Why to cut out Processed Foods” please do so at the top right this article. I would love to have you join our family and I promise not to flood your email with a ton of messages. It is about one a week updating information we share with you.