Cranberry Spritzer Classic Delight
This Cranberry Spritzer Classic Delight is Infused with Cinnamon, Honey and Cumin making it a very special holiday treat.
Discover this delightful beverage as a delicious way to celebrate the holiday season. The classic flavor combination of cranberry, orange, and cinnamon is complemented by the unexpected addition of cumin and sweetened with honey.
This time of year cranberries are available fresh but this is also a nice summer drink and for that you can always use frozen cranberries.
- 1 c. fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ c.clover honey
- ½ c. water
- 2 T whole cumin seeds
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 c. unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2 medium organic oranges, each cut into 8 wedges
- Optional: ½ c. vodka or white wine
- 3 c. sparkling water
- Optional Garnish:
- Additional cinnamon sticks
- 6 long rosemary sprigs, lower leaves removed, and threaded with fresh cranberries
- Add cranberries, honey, water, cumin seeds, and cinnamon sticks to a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until the honey is melted and the spices are intensely fragrant.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large glass or other non-reactive bowl. Add cranberry juice, and orange wedges, Refrigerate for several hours to overnight.
- Once thoroughly chilled, remove from refrigerator and firmly squeeze each orange wedge into the bowl to capture the juice before discarding. Strain mixture with a fine-mesh strainer and discard the solids.
- Add Vodka or white wine if using.
- To serve, fill serving glasses with ice and add enough of the seasoned cranberry juice mixture to fill each glass about ⅓ full. Top off each glass with sparkling water and stir to combine. Taste and sweeten with additional honey, if desired. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and/or rosemary skewers and serve immediately.
Add a little vodka or white wine for a fun adults-only treat, or skip it for a pleasant beverage everyone can enjoy. This is one beverage that can be served at any time, so if you are making some cranberry relish for the holidays Recipe Here
why not enjoy a Cranberry Spritzer Classic Delight at the same time.
Without the alcohol this beverage becomes one of my personal cancer fighting food and beverage choices. In my research I found that cranberries are a source of epicatechins, quercitin and ursolic acid, all of which are potent cancer fighting agents. While I can not pronouce any of these I will happily add them to my cancer fighting arsenal. “In a laboratory experiment, cranberry extract was toxic to prostate cancer cells and suppressed these angiogenesis-stimulating proteins.” quoted from Eat to Beat Cancer
We welcome your comments in the space below this article and will reply to each one.If you have not signed up for your copy of “Clean Eating – How and Why to cut out Processed Foods” please do so at the top right this article. I would love to have you join our family of Whole Food Enthusiasts..
Eat Healthily, Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends