How to Make Keto Pepperoni Pizza The Family Loves
Here is a recipe about How to Make Keto Pepperoni Pizza The Family Loves. I actually would use this if the grandchildren were to visit.
This delicious and guilt-free pepperoni pizza features a melt-in-your-mouth baked cream cheese “crust,” plus all the incredible flavor you’ve come to expect from this perennial favorite.
What’s more, the versatile cream cheese crust recipe can be tweaked to include your favorite herbs and spices for a truly distinctive flavor. But don’t stop there! Experiment with your favorite pizza toppings for a quick and satisfying meal you can enjoy any night of the week. If you are like me and a real stickler about Whole Foods you could replace the pepperoni with hamburger meat from cattle raised on the open range or home made sausage. The hamburger idea is much easier than the sausage.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large farm fresh eggs
- ⅓ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1½ t. dried basil, divided
- 1½ t. dried oregano, divided
- 1 t. garlic powder, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ T. tomato paste
- 3 T. sugar-free tomato sauce
- 4 oz. pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Optional garnish: Fresh basil leaves, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 375° F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon basil and oregano, and ½ teaspoon garlic powder in a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, and whisk until mixture is completely blended and smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the prepared baking sheet into the desired shape and thickness. (For thicker crusts, reduce oven temperature to 350° F and increase baking times for best results).
- Place the crust in the pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly puffed and golden brown. Check halfway through cooking time to ensure the crust bakes evenly and does not become too brown.
- In the meantime, whisk the tomato paste, tomato sauce, the remaining dried herbs, and the garlic powder in a small bowl. Lightly season with salt and black pepper, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before topping with tomato sauce, sliced pepperoni, and shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Return pizza to oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or just until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh basil, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
I like the idea of being able to enjoy a pizza without a bread crust and this pizza has only 4.4 net carbs Click To Tweet I would be able to join the feast and still remain in ketos.I have another keto friendly pizza that has a cauliflower crust that is also a great way to make pizza we can enjoy without the bread.
If you enjoy a keto lifestyle or even if you are just starting, finding the right recipes can be a challenge. I am excited about being affiliated with Joey, Louise and Kate who have a great cookbook that can take a lot of the work out of what to cook and remain in ketos.
Their cookbook contains 120 keto friendly recipes and you can find all about it at the top of this page on the right size. As a Chef, I have a copy that I review often. Cooking Keto could not be easier so go check it out today.
Of course I will continue sharing my ketogenic lifestyle with you right here on this blog. It will include many of the recipes we enjoy in our house, tips where to buy some of the harder to find items you might want to find, and articles about the Whole Foods lifestyle, healthy living, a little about aging gracefully and enjoying life a little more in the coming year. I hope to see you here often.
Eat Healthily, Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends