If you enjoy egg rolls you are going to love this easy Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl. It is a meal, just add a keto friendly beverage like lime/mineral water or a glass of iced tea and your good to go. To me it is kind of funny how the different “bowls” have become so popular. In the old days when I was growing up, it was how my foster parents cleaned out the leftovers from the refrigerator. Of course back then, we knew it was yesterdays dinner being recycled so we weren’t buying into it. Today, we go into a fancy restaurant and pay top dollar for the same food, just presented sightly differently and sold to us as a meal in a bowl…well this Keto Egg Roll In A Bowl is quick and easy to make and taste great.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 702
- Fat: 60.5g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Fiber: 1,5g
- Protein: 32.9g
- 1¼ lb. spicy homemade pork sausage
- ¼ c. water
- 3 c. green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- ½ T. fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 T. green onions, chopped
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. coconut aminos or tamari
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish:
- 1 T. toasted sesame seeds (adds so much flavor)
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks, for approximately 5-6 minutes. Once sausage is no longer pink, remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from pan.
- Return skillet to heat. Add water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium and add shredded cabbage, carrots, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Chefs Tip For Safety: Wipe off any excess fat that drips down the side of the pan before returning to burner.
There are a lot of options with this entree. For one, we actually use a homemade spicy beef sausage in our house because we have pretty much gotten away from eating pork here in Mexico because most of the pork is imported from the states and we are not convinced that it has not been raised in the best environment. I also often replace the carrots with match-stick slices of red and green bell peppers.
You could do me a big favor by sharing information with a friend about my keto/Paleo Facebook group where we exchange ideas and answer questions about the keto and paleo foods and recipes. Just click HERE to join our family of Whole Food Low-Carb keto/paleo Enthusiasts on Facebook..
Today’s Parting Thought: Wherever You are, Make sure you are there……
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love