Lets start the day with something as simple as Fried Eggs, but this time, with a Kick.
Keto Fried Eggs with Marjoram and Red Wine Vinegar
This is a slightly more sophisticated version of the traditional fried eggs, with red wine vinegar for added tang and digestive power, plus mild herb flavoring from the marjoram.
A fast breakfast. I can get by nicely with a couple of fried eggs and half of an avocado on the mornings I actually “eat” breakfast. Most morning a large cup of Keto coffee is all I need for the first half of the day. However, there are those days when I like to sit at the table and enjoy a little food with my wife. More for the enjoyment of sitting and talking with her than for the food but she does get upset if she is the only one eating. So I join her but keep the food simple. I want to save most of my carbs for later.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 14.5
- Carbohydrates: 2.1
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 12g
- 1 Tablespoon Farm fresh butter
- 4 free range eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fresh chives finely diced
- Himalayan Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt half the butter in a small skillet. When butter is sufficiently hot but not brown, carefully break eggs and add to the hot butter.
- Add the marjoram and cook on medium-low until yolks are done to your liking.
- Place eggs onto serving plates.
- Melt remaining butter. Stir in the red wine vinegar and allow mixture to cook for another minute. Pour over eggs. Garnish with chopped chives.
Often we overlook just how simple and easy the ketogenic lifestyle can be. It is important to remember this for those times when the daily stresses of life get in the way and we don’t have much time to spend cooking. Often a quick bite like this will be enough to get us by until we can relax and enjoy the keto life adventure.
Keto Fried Eggs with Marjoram and Red Wine Vinegar does offer benefits over plain fried eggs.
Some Benefits of Marjoram. Marjoram is an aromatic herb in the mint family which originated in Egypt and Arabia. It is also widely referred to as Oregano. It contains Vitamins A & C as well as Calcium and Iron. The list of benefits is to long to list here but it is a herb you want in your herb cabinet.
Some Benefits of Red Wine Vinegar include its ability to slow the signs of aging, regulate blood sugar, and aid in weight loss. Now there’s three benefits we all enjoy.
If you are following the ketogenic or Palio lifestyles, I invite you to sign up for our news letter. You will find the form to sign up at the top right of this article. I would love to have you join our family of Whole Food Low-Carb Enthusiasts..
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love