You are going to love this Keto Friendly Chilled Cauliflower-Leek Soup on the warm days of summer but it really is good all year long. Just picture sitting in a comfortable chair and relaxing with a bowl of chilled soup late in the day instead of standing over a hot stove, making a dinner that you will be to tired to enjoy.
If you have enjoyed the pleasure of raising edible flowers now would be a great time to use them as a garnish rather than the more traditional bacon and cheddar shown here. Edible flowers are often overlooked as a garnish to a plate but can bring so much extra color to the meal.
For this recipe we are using an instant-pot for both the speed in creating this delicious soup and to keep the kitchen cool. I would make this first thing in the morning and then keep it in the refrigerator to chill until lunch or dinner time. For me, a large bowl of Keto Friendly Chilled Cauliflower-Leek Soup would be a complete meal, however a nice side salad would round out the meal for anyone desiring a little more to the meal.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 8 oz.
- Calories: 361
- Fat: 24.6g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 20.4g
- 3 large leeks, sliced white part only
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small chunks
- 3-4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 c. chicken broth, divided
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. Extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Optional toppings:
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ c. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Edible flowers
- Add leeks, cauliflower, garlic, chicken broth, and cinnamon to Instant Pot. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch vent to “Sealing” position and set the “Manual” setting on high before adjusting the cook time to 9 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- When finished cooking, do a quick release (QR) to allow the pressure to escape. Unlock and carefully remove lid. Add goat cheese if using, cream cheese, and extra sharp cheddar to the container and stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Blend mixture with immersion blender until smooth (or transfer to blender or food processor if you don’t have an immersion blender). Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Let soup cool for about a half hour then transfer your Keto Friendly Cauliflower-Leek Soup to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until chilled. To serve, transfer to individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, green onions, grated cheddar cheese, or edible flowers, if desired.
Chefs Tip: If you don’t care for the distinctive tangy flavor of goat cheese, try substituting ricotta, or mascarpone in its place or completely leaving it out all together. The flavor of the recipe will not suffer a lot if you should decide to use one less cheese. However, if your like me you will leave out the goat cheese and double down on the sharp cheddar which is my favorite cheese.
The Nutritional information is just a guideline and does not take into account any garnish that you may add to the soup
I am very excited about our new Facebook group for keto-Paleo friends where we can exchange recipes, ideas and answer each others questions. You can get more information Right Here It is called Keto Paleo Power Combo For Weight Loss and I invite you to check it out and join us as we explore these lifestyles. This is a meeting place where you are free to share your comments with other readers and exchange ideas. If you have friends that are keto or paleo, invite them to come along I would love to have you and them join our family of Whole Food Low-Carb Enthusiasts..
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love