Garlic and Chive Cauliflower Mash
When you want a nutritional change from mashed white potatoes this flavorful cauliflower mash pairs well with a wide range of beef, pork, chicken, and plant-based entrees. Plus, it comes together in under 30 minutes, so it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want to get a healthy dinner on the table without too much fuss.
This is only one of the many ways to incorporate it into your menu choices.
- 1 medium cauliflower head, florets only
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. fresh chives, chopped
- Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive oil, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving. Enjoy!
We welcome your comments in the space below this article and will reply to each one. When you try the recipe please leave me a message and let me know how you liked it. And if you have had a chance to use Kettle and Fire Bone Broth, in one of the recipes I share, my readers and I would really like to know what you think of it – just let us know in the comment section below this article.
Eat Healthily, Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends