Keto Friendly Meatloaf Snacks are for people like me that don’t think eating cold meatloaf is strange. Lets face it cold chicken and cold sliced meats are ok so Keto friendly meatloaf shacks should be ok also. They are also good served at a cocktail party with toothpicks to hold them, served cold or hot with a dip would be a big hit.
Of course you could serve them as part of an entree on top of spiral Zucchini noodles along with your favorite keto frendly sauce and a small side salad for a complete dinner. So you see, you have a lot of options with these Keto Friendly Meatloaf snacks.
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 9.8g
- Carbohydrates: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 20.6g
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ lbs. farm raised ground beef (80%)
- ¼ c. yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 large free rance eggs
- 2 T. coconut flour*
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- 1 T. tomato paste, sugar free
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- 1 T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- ½ t. smoked paprika
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- ¾ c. Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients together with your hands, except for the shredded cheese.
- Divide beef mixture into 12 equal-sized portions and place into the prepared muffin tin openings. Place in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and carefully drain excess moisture off the top of each muffin by gently tipping the tray into a container that will allow it to cook before you discard it. I would suggest not pouring it into the sink as it contains grease that is not good for the pipes.
- Wipe excess liquid off top of muffin tin and top each muffin with the shredded cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes before removing muffins from tin. Serve immediately or freeze for later use. Enjoy!
Chefs Note: Ground beef can be a bit dry and flavorless on its own. For this recipe, a small amount of finely chopped onion is added to remedy this. As a result, some excess moisture will rise to the top of these meatloaf snacks as they bake. This is normal and easily remedied by carefully draining off the excess moisture before adding the cheese as described in Step 4 below.
I eat these the same way I eat fat bombs, to help me make the percentages. The difference is, like they are named, fat bombs will help you meet you fat percentages. These meatballs are directed more to helping you meet your protein numbers.
The way to enjoy the ketogenic lifestyle is to keep it simple. Good food without to much time in the kitchen. Choices that make you happy while staying as close to a whole food menu as possible, and adding a little fun exercise to keep the body working well. That is what this blog post is all about.
I also have a Facebook group.You are invited to join us where we can exchange ideas and answer questions about the keto and paleo foods and recipes. Just click HERE to join our family of Whole Food Low-Carb keto/paleo Enthusiasts on Facebook..
Today’s Parting Thought: “If you’re a happy person around food, you can be a professional chef. It’s fueled by passion” Ranveer Brar
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love