This is a recipe that I will be using over the holidays. Keto Fully-Loaded Cauliflower Au Gratin is one of those recipes that goes well with any protein entree that you are serving.
I like to switch this with Cauliflower mashed once in a while just for a nice change of pace. It is another example of how well we eat when following a ketogenic lifestyle. It is just a matter of adjusting some of the old food item recipes for new food recipes. And I promise. everyone will enjoy keto fully-loaded cauliflower au gratin when they try it.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 637
- Fat: 53.4g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 34.2g
- 4 c. cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 3 T. unsalted farm fresh butter, softened
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. dried dill
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ c. Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 T. fresh chives, chopped
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water and steam until fork-tender, around 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer cauliflower into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain well and pat dry.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a large bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Transfer to oven-safe casserole dish and top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately topped with fresh chives. Enjoy!
I often just use whatever cheese I happen to have, which is more than likely a sharp cheddar, or a Mexican mixture. the cheese should always be a cheese that the family enjoys. If you are using a blend of Mexican cheeses and want to jazz up the recipe a little, add a finely diced seeded jalapeno to the mix before placing it in the oven.
If you have friends that are following a keto lifestyle please share this article with them. Our goal is to have all the recipes enjoyed by as many people as possible, with the hope that they will sign up for our newsletter and become a member of the Keto/Paleo family.
Today’s Parting Thought: Cooking is a subject you can never know enough about. There is always something new to discover…….Bobby Flay
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love