I save the Master Keto Burgers for those times when I want to spend a little time enjoying a casual meal with my wife and friends. I often choose to serve a keto friendly meal without going into any detail about it being keto. This requires that the eye appeal of the foods is as important or more important than the actual selection. These Master keto burgers are one of my favorite meals for those times. Served with fresh cold brewed coffee over ice, Lemon and mineral water or iced tea, it is a great meal for a summer afternoon and nobody will every miss the French fries most people serve with burgers.
My wife is not following the ketogenic lifestyle but is a great supporter of my choice to do so. Often we will eat completely different meals, she makes her choice and I make mine. However, we both eat a lot of avocados and it seems everyone likes a hamburger so the master keto burgers work for both of us.
- Serves: 3
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 700
- Fat: 53.5g
- Carbohydrates: 29.2g
- Fiber: 11.7g
- Protein: 28.7g
- FOR BURGERS:
- 1 pd ground beef
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Himalayan salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 6 slices cheese (if desired) I used Sharp Cheddar or Mozzarella
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon (optional)
- Butter lettuce, sun dried tomato slices, sliced red onions, sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 and ½ half Avocado
- 3 Tbsp Homemade keto Ketchup for presentation
- Mix all patty ingredients in bowl. Form individual patties, 3 each 3 oz patties and 3 each 2 oz patties.
- Place them on the hot grill or cook in skillet for 3-7minutes per side until desired doneness. adding the cheese about 2 minutes before the burger is done.
- To assemble each burger, start with a nice piece of lettuce on the right third of the wood plank and top with one of the larger burgers.
- Top that burger with a thin slice of onion, then a small slice of sun dried tomato, topped with another lettuce leaf.
- Add one of the smaller burgers, top it with 2 strips of crispy bacon and a nice size piece of sun dried tomato.
- Run a wooden skewer through the burgers from top to bottom to hold them in place until served.
- Next, cut the avocado in half, end to end, remove the seed. Peel each half and then thinly slice each half into multi-slices.
- Fan one half of the avocado on the plank at the oppoite end from the burger.
- Finally, take a large tablespoon of keto ketchup and place it between the burger and the avocado, then using the bottom of the spoon, drag the ketchup across the board.
- Repeat the process with the other burger and enjoy.
- This Master keto Burger as presented here is a complete meal. While both patties will reduce in size while cooking, you may want to go with only one burger for the lighter eater. I usually serve the double burger to visitors with buns on the side for those not following the ketogenic lifestyle or counting calorines. For me, I make the burgers as shown in this recipe which is enough for me. Once they are cooked it’s about 4 oz. total beef.
2.This may sound like way to much work but once you have done it, you will see it is much easier than it looks in print. Use the picture as a guide the first time you do it and then make some adjustments to create your own special Master Keto Burger.
3. If you don’t have the wooden serving boards you can find some nice ones Here
Wooden Skewers can usually be found in your local grocery store in the BBQ section.
Living the ketogenic lifestyle can be easy and enjoyable using just a few visual tricks or aides to make the foods more presentable. Soon you won’t miss any of the old foods that you have given up and will embrace the new recipes and the whole new you. I am here to help you on your journey because It is my journey also. For my weekly newsletter please sign up in the box at the top right of this article. Once you receive the newsletter, you will also receive an email address where you can contact me with your food questions so now is a good time to join our happy keto family.
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love