How To Make Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps with only 2.3 net carbs makes this a nice lunch item for anyone following a keto diet that eats pork. Of course it is just as good with pulled roasted chicken thighs if that is what you have on hand.
Once the pork is cooked this delicious low-carb pulled pork recipe takes only 10 minutes to put together. First we must get the pork shoulder and spices into the slow cooker. After that, you’re free to do something else while your slow cooker transforms it into a nearly effortless melt-in-your-mouth dish your family will love.
For even tastier results, allow pork to sit in its yummy juices for a half hour once you’ve pulled it apart. This will allow it to absorb even more of that great flavor!
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder
- 1 t. onion powder
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. dried rosemary
- 2 t. smoked paprika
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- 2 t. cocoa powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ c. organic sugar-free chicken broth
- 8 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- Combine all spices and the cocoa in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Rub the spice mix all over the pork shoulder and transfer to a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock. Add the chicken broth to the crock and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Once the cooking time is complete, use two forks to pull the pork apart while it is still in the slow cooker crock. Allow the pulled pork to remain in the juices with the slow cooker set to “warm” for 20-30 minutes to absorb more flavor.
To serve, fill each lettuce leaf with some Crunchy Broccoi Slaw and top with some pulled pork. Enjoy with a nice beverage of your choice such as fresh mint iced tea.
We are starting a new year with new food challenge. It will be exciting to try different recipes and we will share those as well as old favorites here to help you reach your goals. We will be focused on Kelo and Paleo recipes with a goal of remaining gluten free at least 90 percent of the time. If you have not signed up for your copy of “My 10 Best recipes for 2017” please do so at the top right of this article. I am adding a couple of Whole Food recipes to the blog every week and would love to have you join our family of Whole Food Enthusiasts..
Eat Healthily, Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends