Quick Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Want to make some Quick Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps? Here’s your answer. These tasty wraps come together in less than 30 minutes and have all the great flavor of traditional Buffalo wings without all the messy fingers and the clean up after you have enjoyed them.
For those of us that do not have bread in our diet, these are the perfect sandwich. And one chicken makes the meal. Guilt free dinning what could be better?
- 2 T. coconut or avocado oil
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1½ lbs. rotisserie chicken breast, skin removed, shredded
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ c. hot wing sauce of your choice
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly, green included
- To serve: 1 head Bibb or butter lettuce, leaves removed, washed and patted dry
- Add the oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the diced pepper and celery, and sauté until tender, around 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir well and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Add the hot sauce and sauté while stirring for another minute or two, until the sauce is heated through and everything is well coated. Remove from heat and stir in the sliced green onions.
- To serve, fill Bibb lettuce cups with a few tablespoons of the chicken mixture and enjoy!
Serve with a beverage of your choice. I like a nice glass of chilled Sangria garnished with some fresh fruit slices.
Serving hint: Serve with a side of some fresh fruit such as mango or papaya for a complete light lunch.
Note that the Nutritional information is from HappyForks.com. Information is provided for entertainment purposes only.
We welcome your comments in the space below this article and will reply to each one.If you have not signed up for your copy of “Clean Eating – How and Why to cut out Processed Foods” please do so at the top right this article. I would love to have you join our family and I promise not to flood your email with a ton of messages. It is about one a week updating information we share with you.