When you are starting Keto sometimes quick is better, so here is a recipe for Quick Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps. These tasty wraps come together in less than 30 minutes and have all the great flavor of traditional Buffalo wings without all the messy fingers and the clean up after you have enjoyed them. And They are Keto friendly.
For those of us that do not have bread in our diet, which are all of us on Keto, lettuce wraps make a perfect sandwich. And half of one chicken makes this meal. Guilt free dinning what could be better?
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 331
- Fat: 13.3g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 49g
- 2 T. coconut or avocado oil
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1½ lbs. rotisserie chicken breast, skin removed, shredded
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ c. sugar free hot wing sauce of your choice
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly, green included
- To serve: 1 head Bibb or butter lettuce, leaves removed, washed and patted dry
- Add the oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the diced pepper and celery, and sauté until tender, around 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir well and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Add the hot sauce and sauté while stirring for another minute or two, until the sauce is heated through and everything is well coated. Remove from heat and stir in the sliced green onions.
- To serve, fill Bibb lettuce cups with a few tablespoons of the chicken mixture and enjoy!
Serve with a beverage of your choice. I like a nice glass of chilled ice tea made with mineral water.
Chefs Note One: When picking a hot sauce watch out for sugars and carrots, some hot sauces are sweetened with carrots. Look for hot sauces that are made with vinegar or lime juice. I make my own and will share those recipes later on when you will have more time to make your own condiments.
Chefs Note two: You are only using the chicken breast for this recipe, which leaves you with enough chicken for another meal. Let’s wrap those for now and make a cold chicken lunch for tomorrow. I happen to really enjoy chicken but if you are not so much of a fan that you can eat it two days in a row. you have other options, shred it and add it to today’s recipe or freeze it to use later. Two wings, two thighs and two drumsticks, we can do a lot with all that chicken, perhaps even two meals. A nice chicken soup or chicken chili comes to mind.
And a reminder that the Nutritional information is provided for entertainment purposes only, if you add, subtract or change items then that information will change slightly.
And before I go for today I wanted to ask you, Do you know that we have a newsletter that we post once a week that recaps some recipes, and information about the ketogenic lifestyle and diet. I try to limit my emails to the newsletter and perhaps one other email per week. You can sign up for it at the top of the page and as a thank you for joining us, you will get a copy of a special report The Top 10 Tips For Starting The Keto Diet. So sign up today and become a member of our Family of Whole Food Low-Carb Enthusiasts..
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love