- 1 cup ground almond flour
- 2-4 tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips or 90% Cocoa bar
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol, or stevia equivalent
- scant ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp pure coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp almond milk, as needed
- 1 tbsp. MCT powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mix dry ingredients well (to avoid biting into a clump of baking soda or almond flour!).
- Add wet ingredients to form a dough. Shape into cookies
- While using a small cookie scoop to form balls and then shape into cookies, I use a large tablespoon and just "eyeball" the amount needed because I don't want my cookies to look "Perfect" like they came out of a bag.
- Place cookies on a cookie tray, and bake on the center rack 9-12 minutes. At 9 minutes they should be very soft, at 12 minutes they will be crisper for dunking into cold almond milk or perhaps hot coffee.
- Let cookies cool an about 10 minutes before handling, as they are very delicate at first but firm up nicely once cool
I add a tbsp of MCT powder to most desserts I make just because I live a keto lifestyle and I like the extra protection it might give me to keep me in keto. It is an option. Often I will use chocoate Perfect keto instead of the plain MCT powder listed in the recipe. Of course you are getting some MCT’s in the pure coconut oil so like I said, it is an option. If you are interested in trying it, click on in image to the right of this article to see all the products offered by Perfect Keto. It is the brand of choice for me which I use daily. That is my affilate picture which helps support this blog if you purchase theire product thru me. You won’t pay more and it helps me, so thanks for your support.
Some people like to use a small scoop to add the cookie dough to the baking sheet. I use a tablespoon most of the time because if they are for me, I don’t really care if they are perfectly round. If they are for company, then I shape them. I also use a 90% cacao bar chopped into small pieces which work as well as sugar-free chocolate chips but is easier to find here in Mexico, I get mine at Costco.
I have found that the following a ketogenic lifestyle and eating foods that support it, help me stay focused with a high energy level. As a side effect, it also helps adjust your weight to the proper level for your body size, without all the ups and downs of so many of those “diets” that are found in the market place. On this website, I share some of the many great keto recipes that I enjoy, I hope you give them a try and see if you get the same positive affects on your Focus and Concentration.
Today’s Parting Thought: It is said that we are what we eat, also just as important is how often we eat and how much we eat. We need all three to complete the journey. It is a journey of Love for our health.
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love