Spinach And Eggs For A Quick Keto Breakfast
When I am in a hurry a simple Spinach and Eggs for a Quick Keto Breakfast is one of my fall back meals. Often I will add two strips of crisp bacon to round it out with enough fat to make it a real keto meal and keep me going with a lot of energy all morning.
This week at the farmers market all they had was full grown spinach. I recommend you use organic baby spinach if you can get it because it is much easier to chew and enjoy. The full grown spinach tends to be a little tough. I usually slice the larger leafs before I cook it to make it a little more desirable.
- 2 C. Fresh Spinach
- 2 lg. farm fresh eggs
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. avocado or olive oil (I prefer avocado oil)
- 2 Slices raw bacon
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 1 tsp farm fresh butter (optional)
- Clean the spinach and pat dry
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and add the minced garlic
- When the garlic has started to cook a little (about a minute), add the spinach and cook until completely wilted, turning continually with a pair of tongs. about another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and remove the pan from the flame.
- If you are having bacon with breakfast, fry it in another pan at the same time that the spinach is cooking, turning one and frying to the crispness you prefer.
- When the spinach and bacon is cooked. Fry or pouch the eggs to your liking.
- You can fry the eggs in the bacon fat, I prefer to use a little farm fresh butter.
- To plate it, place the spinach on the plate first, then the bacon and top the bacon with the eggs. Enjoy.
This Breakfast can go from refrigerator to the table in less that 30 minutes.
Spinach is one of the best sources of potassium and magnesium which are two of the major electrolytes for our health. It is also a great source of vitamins A, B-1, B-2, B-6, C, E and the very important vitamin K. Spinach is also a good source of Zinc, phosphorus, choline and protein. A couple of servings a week wouldn’t be a bad idea.Start with a Spinach And Eggs For A Quick Keto Breakfast and enjoy the energy boost.
Keto Friendly: Without the bacon this breakfast is 188 cal. 1 net carb. 15 g. protein and 13 g. fat
With the bacon this breakfast is 258 cal. 1 net carb. 20 g. protein and 20 g. fat.
Because I purchased a large bunch of spinach, I will use the remaining spinach with a dinner this week that includes Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon. It also is a keto friendly recipe so if you are following the ketogenic lifestyle, now would be a great time to sign up for our news letter.
I welcome your comments in the space below this article and will reply to each one.If you have not signed up for your copy of “My 10 Best recipes for 2017” please do so at the top right of this article. I would love to have you join our family of Whole Food Enthusiasts..
Eat Healthily, Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends