Keto Spinach And Eggs Breakfast
Keto does not need to be fancy. There are many more times when just a simple dish is what we want. As a working chef it was my job to sell t keto Spinach and Eggs he meal with how well I made the entree look. As a retired chef, sometimes simple is better. An example is this Keto Spinach and Eggs Breakfast. I really enjoy it and the flavors are wonderful together.
This week at the farmers market I was able to get clean, tender baby spinach. I recommend you use organic baby spinach if you can get it because it is much easier to chew and enjoy. The full grown spinach tends to be a little tough. I usually slice the larger leaves of full grown spinach before I cook it to make it a little more desirable when I must use it.
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 1 net carb
- Protein: 15g
- 2 C. Fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 lg. farm fresh eggs
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 Slices raw bacon, sliced into small pieces
- Himalayan Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 1 tsp farm fresh butter (optional)
- Clean the spinach and pat dry
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and add the minced garlic
- When the garlic has started to cook a little (about a minute), add the bacon and cook until crisp.
- Add the spinach and cook until completely wilted, turning continually with a pair of tongs. about another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper and remove the pan from the flame.
- When the spinach and bacon is cooked. Fry or pouch the eggs to your liking.
- You can fry the eggs in the bacon fat, I prefer to add a little farm fresh butter.
- To plate it, place the spinach-bacon on the plate first, then top with the eggs. Enjoy.
This Breakfast can go from refrigerator to the table in less that 30 minutes.
Spinach is one of the best sources of potassium and magnesium which are two of the major electrolytes for our health. It is also a great source of vitamins A, B-1, B-2, B-6, C, E and the very important vitamin K. Spinach is also a good source of Zinc, phosphorus, choline and protein. A couple of servings a week wouldn’t be a bad idea.Start with Spinach And Eggs For A Quick Keto Breakfast and enjoy the energy boost.
Chefs Note: If you don’t happen to eat bacon,without the bacon this breakfast is 188 cal. 1 net carb. 15 g. protein and 13 g. fat
When I add bacon to an entree, it is raw, unprocessed bacon without all the added “curing agents”. It is sold in most supermarkets but you will need to look for it the first time you go to use it.
Chefs Tip: I did not spend time removing all the little stems of the baby spinach. Because it is young, they are very tender and contain all the nutrients of the leaves so why not enjoy with your keto Spinach and Eggs Breakfast.
Because I purchased a large bunch of spinach, I will use the remaining spinach with a dinner this week that includes Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon. It also is a keto friendly recipe so if you are following the ketogenic lifestyle, now would be a great time to sign up for our news letter. You will find the form to sign up at the top right of this article. I would love to have you and them join our family of Whole Food Low-Carb Enthusiasts..
Laugh Often, Enjoy Good Friends, Share the Love